Dear friends and colleagues,
The holiday season brings the world into a family atmosphere! The European Society of Neurosonology and Cerebral Hemodynamics (ESNCH) has traditionally been the gathering point of the whole Neurosonology family and would thus like to share these feelings with all members!
This year’s ESNCH conference brought back full in person meetings! The record-breaking Lisbon conference gathered the whole Neurosonology family, attracting many new young members to our society! It was wonderful to witness the enthusiasm of so many young colleagues learning from the experienced practitioners, participating in the teaching courses, and applying for the International Certification in Neurosonology!
The meeting also marked the formal in person inaugural meeting of the two most recent organs of the society: the Council of Nations and Working Groups, defining objectives and standard operating procedures. Many tasks are well on the way, with particular highlight to new recommendations on different topics that are already close to being issued.
The year of 2022 marked important changes in ESNCH:
– Congrex was contracted for the society management procedures, thus modernising and digitalising the processes.
- Congrex was contracted for the society management procedures, thus modernising and digitalising the processes.
- The registry of the society was moved from Norway to Switzerland, to harmonise administrative and financial procedures, in accordance with European regulation.
- ESNCH bylaws were updated to accommodate the digital transition and new organs of the society.
- Professor Matthias Sturzenegger stepped down after more than a decade as ESNCH treasurer. The society will hold a never-ending debt of gratitude for all the immense work and dedication he has put into his work for the society!
- Professor Uwe Walter was nominated as the new ESNCH treasurer. Having the collaboration of a member with such scientific prestige and rigorous temperament will surely guarantee success of the task!
- Professor Pedro Castro was elected as new member of the Executive Committee of the ESNCH. We are all eager for his direct contributions to the society!
The ESNCH International Training Course 2023 will be the main activity of the next year. It will take place in Zadar, Croatia from 21-24 June in a completely revised format from previous events. In fact, starting this year, the ESNCH will alternate yearly between a traditional conference and a revised ITC. The program will soon be announced, and it will include contents designed for participants with all level of expertise: not only the traditional basic and intermediate level formation, but also sessions for between-expert discussion, trick-tips sharing, and sessions to prepare recommendations and guidelines. The organisation will favour ample hands-on time that will surely foster networking, formation and sharing of knowledge. The ITC will again host an examination for the International Certification in Neurosonology, thus representing a new opportunity to be recognized as expert or practitioner in Neurosonology.
At present, the location of the 2024 ESNCH conference is still open. We welcome applications to host the 2024 ESNCH conference until 1 March 2023, after which, a decision will be announced.
All these activities clearly establish the vitality of the society and allow us to look ahead with enthusiasm! We wish all our associates a holiday season full of health, love and family, with warm neurosonological thoughts!
See you all in Zadar!
Joao Sargento Freitas
ESNCH Secretary General