Everyone needs and deserves an healthy brain for their lives! The European Academy of Neurology (EAN) created this Mission, aiming to equally support people worldwide in achieving brain health, particularly for those who live under unfair circumstances. The ESNCH has joined this initiative as a strategic partner alongside such diverse organisations as the European Stroke Organisation (ESO), European Paediatric Neurology Society (EPNS), International League Against Epilepsy (ILAE), European Sleep Research Soceity (ESRS), Alzheimer Europe, ECTRIMS, and many more; bringing a neurosonologic perspective to this important project.
Why do we need a BHM?
- Treatment breakthroughs for many neurological disorders are still insufficient
- Funding for brain/neurological research is still limited
- Scientific evidence for prevention of neurological disorders is limited
- Neurological workforce is insufficient
- Determinants and assessment of brain health are unclear
- Awareness about neurological disorders and brain health is insufficient
Promoting good brain health will lead to:
- Lower prevalence of neurological disorders
- Reduction in disability adjusted life years (DALY’s) – people will have more healthy years as they age
- Reduction in mortality – maintaining or increasing life expectancy
- Reduction of costs – reduced cost of care and thus improved proper use of taxation of citizens
You can find more information on this project, including upcoming events and how to get more involved, here: https://www.ean.org/brain-health-mission